Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lessons on the Cosmique Arete

"Oh you bastard, don't do this to me now... Shitshitshitshit...!"

It's a burst of earthy Anglo-Saxon delivered at high volume to a small international audience of on-looking bemused guides and clients. Not the sort of language you'd expect to hear in such a beautiful place but I'm not happy and I don't care who knows it. I'm on the hardest section of the hardest Alpine route I've ever done, one move from the top, and I can't get my foot onto the hold because the crampon on my right boot has snagged itself on my gaiter.

read the rest – with pictures here...


(This has already been published on the UKClimbing website but I thought I’d link through to it from here so everything’s accessible from one place...)

No comments:

Post a Comment