Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 17 – The 30 Day Song Challenge – A Song you hear often on the Radio...

Song 17 – A song you hear often on the radio...  – ‘Need you Now’ – Cut Copy
Cut Copy
This song’s been getting some fairly heavy play on 6 Music recently (‘heavy play’? Check me out, like an American or something).  It’s got a real 80’s feel about it, like an OMD song but with a more 90’s production.  I've had a couple of listens to the album and it reminds me of 'The Beloved'.  Not necessarily a bad thing, just a bit more old school than I want.  When you remember stuff from the first time it's hard to get as excited about it the second time.  Old influences are fine (necessary and inevitable) but they don't seem to be doing too much new with them.  It seems to have had some good reviews though so who knows.


Not much else to say about this.  It's a song I hear a lot on the radio that I think is really good.
David Millington
17th April 2011
Nottingham

No comments:

Post a Comment