Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 24 – The 30 Day Song Challenge – A Song that you want to play at your funeral...

Song 24 – A song that you want to play at your funeral...  – ‘Re.Stacks'– Bon Iver
Bon Iver

This seems a whole lot less presumptuous than yesterday's song.  I did know what this song would be for ages, ‘Hallelujah’ by Jeff Buckley, but since the Alexandra Burke X Factor cover and that whole fuss, it’s been ruined for me.  I might pick the Colin Hay song that I chose as my favourite or this by Bon Iver.

It’s far too morbid to dwell on!  It’s a reflective song though, which seems appropriate, and it’s six minutes long which should make it easier for everyone to leave in an orderly manner.
I don't know why I'm worrying, the crying of the thousands of distraught women will drown out the music anyway.
Other rejected songs...
‘If You Don’t Know me by now’ – Simply Red
‘Disco Inferno’ – The Trammps
‘Answering Machine’ – The Replacements
‘Black River’ – Amos Lee

David Millington
24th April 2011
Nottingham

No comments:

Post a Comment