Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 8 – The 30 Day Song Challenge – A Song that you know all the words to...

Song 8 – A song that you know all the words to  – ‘Sometime Around Midnight’ – The Airbourne Toxic Event
The Airbourne Toxic Event
I first heard this song on Huey Morgan’s excellent and eclectic show on 6 Music just over a couple of years ago.  It’s a great tune, starting slowly and building to a wig-out climax.  It’s one of those songs you just know will work very well live and indeed it did, when I managed to see them live at The Social a couple of months later.
(the sound's a bit so-so for the first 15 seconds even though this is the official video.  Stick with it, it improves quickly)
It’s not a song that I know the words to because I’ve sung along in indie discos 15 years ago.  More because I played the song over and over again late at night when I was feeling particularly bad about some girl or other.  Never mind learning the words by heart,  I could have written them from it.
I think that’s all I want to say today.  Sorry I didn’t pick something more cheerful for a Friday.  Listen to the song though, it’s brilliant and you’ll have been there.  Or you will be.  Sorry.
David Millington
8th April 2011
Nottingham

No comments:

Post a Comment