Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 23 – The 30 Day Song Challenge – A Song that you want to play at your wedding...

Song 23 – A song that you want to play at your wedding...  – ‘Come What May’– Moulin Rouge
Come What May - Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor
Well it seems a little presumptuous to picking a song I’d like to play at my wedding, as it’s an occasion that I very much hope comes to pass one day, but doesn’t look at all on the cards at the moment.  Plus, if I ever get married, it seems unlikely that I’ll have much to do with the day itself, other than being told when to turn up.  When she reads this I’ll be in trouble.  Picking a fight with my imaginary fiancé!  Foolish J
Come What May

This song is big and cheesy and perhaps a little camp too, but if you can’t get away with big and cheesy and camp at a wedding, when can you?  Don’t worry, I will be having a Korean mime and puppet troupe performing Titus Andronicus to add gravity to the day too.  I do really like the song and it’s a duet which seems appropriate.  It's a song I could sing and mean.  Nicole Kidman does look great in this film too.  As does Ewan – how I envy his hair.  I can live with the rest of me, but damn, I wish I had my hair back.
Moulin Rouge isn’t Baz Luhrmann’s best film, although it might be his last good one.  Strictly Ballroom is one of my top five.  It’s funny, full of heart and everyone wins at the end.  Even the baddies are just misguided and kind of loveable.  It’s good to see love triumph in the end sometimes.  I hope he makes a good version of ‘The Great Gatsby’ although it’s hard to see how he’s suited to the material.

David Millington
23rd April 2011
Nottingham

No comments:

Post a Comment